Pride and Prejudice, is, let’s face it, a classic. I mean, dissertations have been written about this beloved book. What more could I possibly have to add?
I’ll simply tell you what I love about it.
Liza’s Love List for Pride and Prejudice
- Mr. Darcy, who very obviously looks like Colin Firth
- Elizabeth Bennett. She’s fantastic. If I could be friends with any fictional character, it would be her.
- Mr. Darcy’s cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam. He’s delish.
- Mr. Bingley and Jane!
- The fact that every time I read it, I want Lydia to take a long walk off a short pier.
- And I want George Wickham to be waiting for her at the bottom of the sea.
- the way Elizabeth stands up to Darcy’s aunt
- the dog Elizabeth plays with in the BBC adaptation when visiting Jane at Netherfield (I know, it’s not in the book. But I want that dog!)
- the humor
- Mr. Darcy’s first proposal
- Mr. Darcy’s second proposal!
- Everything! I think I might have to read it again. Like, today.
So tell me–what’s your favorite part (or parts) of Pride and Prejudice?